That's right, this gondola (already under construction) wlll span between two mountains (Whister and Blackcomb). In the process, it'll break all kinds of records:
- Longest unsupported span for a lift of this kind in the world at 3.024 km / 1.88 miles
- Highest lift of its kind above the valley floor at 415 metres / 1,361 feet (above Fitzsimmons Creek)
- Longest continuous lift system on the globe – Whistler Village Gondola – Peak to Peak Gondola – Solar Coaster – Wizard Express
- Most expensive lift ever built in North America
- Only gondola installation of its kind in North America.
The gondola will be 3.5 times the width of the San Fran bridge, and 4.5x the height of statutes of liberty, 415 meters higher than the valley floor below.
This thing is going to be awesome! Check out the video of what the view will be like from the gondola (suspended between two mountains, FYI):
And another pic of the site:
Um, where can I buy my ticket?
Total votes 1Will this kick-ass gondola detract from the natural environment?
|Vote No way! It'll help more people enjoy it!|
|Vote Absolutely. It's just another intrustion on Mrs. Nature.|
|You must vote to see the resuts.|